THE MANIFESTO OF 21st CENTURY FUTURISM

FELLOW FUTURISTS! LETS REJECT FUTURISM! IT IS AN OXYMORON but IN ORDER TO BE FUTURISTS WE ARE REJECTING  20th CENTURY FUTURISM.

FUTURISM is already PASSEIST, a century old! Not relevant to our times ! We are no longer trying to become the superhuman machines, the machines are now trying to become human like us. We have gone from using machines to INTERACTING with them. We are CREATORS of a new species the ANTHROPOMORPHIC MACHINE. We should no longer be fascinated with big machine shapes and complicated wire connections and structures of industrialism. We are beyond that! We live in a WIRELESS ELECTRONIC WORLD! Everything is becoming smaller with less wires with less material, smaller and more intelligent. We live in the times of the INTERNET! THE MAGIC OF WIRELESS CONNECTIONS FASCINATES US! One cannot determine where it is , one cannot see it one cannot make it shown but the connection is there! The Internet connects us to the WHOLE WORLD. We only need to make small GESTURES and we can see , can talk to, can interact with ROME, AUSTRALIA, USA, ENGLAND AND ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES at the same time. Our Gestures are now important movements. We use mobile phones. We click things. We have ALL our friends all our family all the people we know in IMMEDIATE ACCESS! It only takes a click and I can whisper something and they can hear me at the other end of the world. It only takes a click and I  know things I did not know before. It only takes a click and I meet someone online. We live in TWO REALITIES. One is the literal physical one and one is online. We have TWO SELVES, one literal and physical which a few people have access to and an online self who the world HAS ACCESS to! Lets aknowledge both our realities. Lets stop avoiding to admit that we live in both. We play interactive games with our machines we talk to them we feed them information and they feed back we give them names they become us. We live both in reality and the experience of reality! LETS EMBRACE BOTH OUR WORLDS IN EVERYDAY LIFE IN ART IN MUSIC IN DANCE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qlHoxPioM

(This is what I had in mind about the beginning of the manifesto, then we can start writing our choreography of interactive technological lifestyle according to our dance manifesto!  Of course we can add/change things tomorrow, I have some more ideas to add, have a read through and let me know! Iris)